Does avocado toast count as a recipe? I say it does. It’s what I’ve been eating practically every day for the last month for breakfast.
Some foods are so simple, so easy, that they don’t even seem worth talking about. But when it comes to avocado toast, it is.
Avocado toast is technically just sliced or smashed avocado on top of a piece of toast — so simple — but when you take one bite you will quickly realize that it is so much more than that.
Avocado toast is rich like buttered toast — only heftier, silkier and yes, even richer. It’s simply the best way to start the day!
It’s healthy, simple, and delicious and best of all, it’s super easy to make and ready in under 5 minutes! Let’s get started.
What you’ll need
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
How to make it
- Top the bread with the avocado. Mash the avocado lightly with a fork.
- Drizzle with the oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and the red pepper.